Los Angeles Hope Festival
We will hold our Hope Festival in Los Angeles, CA on May 19-21, 2017.
This three-day capstone event will celebrate our research and Hope on Stage and Screen winners. Big Think, the prominent online curator of important ideas, will help us promote and cover the event. They are producing a video series and a number of articles on project themes.
The festival will feature the west coast premiere of our Hope on Stage winning play "I Carry Your Heart" by Georgette Kelly at the Bootleg Theater, and will include staged readings of plays from our other prize winners.
- Tali Sharot (Director of the Affective Brain Lab and Associate Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience in the department of Experimental Psychology at University College London)
- Cornel West (Professor of Philosophy and Christian Practice at Union Theological Seminary and Professor Emeritus at Princeton University)
They will be joined by:
- T. C. Boyle (Distinguished Professor of English, University of Southern California)
- David Eagleman (Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine)
- Yiyun Li (University of California, Davis)
- Sabra Williams (Actress) (along with students from The Prison Project)
And also joined by Hope & Optimism fellows:
The event will include great food, music, yoga, and more!
More on the Hope Festival at Broadway World.